Dr. Jill Hart grew up in Pierre and graduated from T.F. Riggs High School. After high school, Dr. Hart received a Bachelor’s in Biology from the University of South Dakota. Following USD, Dr. Hart attended the Illinois College of Optometry in Chicago. Dr. Hart practiced in Sioux Falls before choosing to “come home” to Pierre. Dr. Hart is married to Tom Hart and together they have two daughters, Hadley and Ellen.
Dr. Hart was named the 2016 SDOS Optometrist of the year.
Dr. Hart has served as:
- Board member to the local rotary chapter and is a current member
- Board member of the local United Way chapter
- Vice President of the South Dakota Optometry Society
- Board member of South Dakota Board of Optometry
Dr. Hart’s interests include:
- Enjoying time on the Missouri River
- Snow skiing with family and friends
- Walking and hiking on all the beautiful trails in South Dakota
- Watching her daughters participate in various activities