Dr. Jeffrey Rausch attended High School in Gettysburg, SD. Following High School, Dr. Rausch went on to receive a BS in Biology at USD and furthered his education at the Illinois College of Optometry. Dr. Rausch is married to Diane and they have two children together, Kyle 31, Kristin 35 and 5 grandchildren ages 1 to 6 years.
Dr. Rausch has served as:
- President of South Dakota Optometric Society.
- South Dakota Board of Examiners in Optometry.
- South Dakota Service to the Blind and Visually Impaired Board of Directors.
- Currently serving on the Board of Directors of the Northern Plains Eye Foundation.
Dr. Rausch interests include:
- Traveling both in the US and abroad with Diane
- Raising trees and pheasants on the 120 year old farm started by my grandfather
- Spoiling his Grandchildren in Minneapolis and Brookings
- Hiking and snowshoeing at the Black Hills Cabin
- Motorcycle riding
- Hunting pheasants with family and friends
- Reading (non-fiction and history)