Dr. Jeffrey Rausch attended High School in Gettysburg, SD. Following High School, Dr. Rausch went on to receive a BS in Biology at USD and furthered his education at the Illinois College of Optometry. Dr. Rausch is married to Diane and they have two children together, Kyle and Kristin, as well as 5 grandchildren.
Dr. Rausch has served as:
- President of South Dakota Optometric Society.
- South Dakota Board of Examiners in Optometry.
- South Dakota Service to the Blind and Visually Impaired Board of Directors.
- Currently serving on the Board of Directors of the Northern Plains Eye Foundation.
Dr. Rausch’s interests include:
- Traveling with his wife, Diane, both in the US and abroad
- Raising trees and pheasants on the 120+ year old farm started by his grandfather
- Spoiling his Grandchildren in Minneapolis and Brookings
- Hiking and snowshoeing at their Black Hills Cabin
- Motorcycle riding
- Hunting pheasants with family and friends
- Reading (non-fiction and history)